Frequently asked questions
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE PROGRAM?
Fill out an application! Check out the
info and schedule here.
We will follow up within 48 hours. Once accepted, you will receive a registration link. A $500 deposit is required to hold your spot and payments must be completed prior to the start of training unless a payment plan has otherwise been arranged.
WHAT STYLE OF YOGA IS THE SAMANI YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
Samānī Yoga is a vinyasa-based school that teaches participants how to systematically and intelligently design their own unique sequences. Through the use of cueing precision and functional anatomy & energetics, our students learn accessible and practical techniques to support clients in building bone health, strength, and energetic awareness.
HOW PROFICIENT IN YOGA DO I HAVE TO BE TO DO THE SAMANI 200-HOUR PROGRAM?
We require that you have a minimum of 12 months (and recommend a minimum of two years) of a consistent yoga practice before enrolling in our teacher training program. We want to make sure that trainees have a basic foundation in the primary yoga postures before learning how to teach.
If it appears that you do not have the necessary foundation, we will kindly ask you to defer your training until you have this experience. Please be aware that each training day includes a vigorous asana class in addition to practice teaching.
WHAT WILL I LEARN FROM THIS TRAINING?
In addition to gaining a commnunity of friends and fellow practitioners from across the global, you will gain an in-depth understanding and embodied experience with the following:
• Asana/Movement – intelligent postures and movement through functional anatomy.
• Alignment – how to make movement accessible thorough bones-based alignment.
• Sequencing – how to design and deliver inclusive and adaptable sequences for all.
• Energetics - where Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda align to impact students.
• Prehab & Rehab - Injury awareness, management, and understanding.
• Teaching pedagogy and best practices for accessible and inclusive yoga.
• Pranic Joints Methodology - Samānī Yoga's home-grown approach to applied anatomy.
• Pranayama – Research-driven breathwork.
• Dhyana – Mediation basics and how to lead introductory mediation and mindfulness.
• The History and Philosophy - Appreciation and application of Sankhya and the 8 Limbs.
• Personal development, coaching, and leadership.
• The business of yoga - Best practices as a yoga creator and entrepreneur.
IS THIS TRAINING YOGA-ALLIANCE CERTIFIED?
Yes. Upon completion of this program, you can register with the Yoga Alliance (YA) as a part of their registry. However, it is important to distinguish that YA registration is not mandatory to be able to teach and grow your brand and/or business.
DO I HAVE TO BE A TEACHER TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
No! In fact, those students who thrive most in our programs are process-oriented learners who are unattached to the product of having to teach the “ideal” class. In our experience, product-oriented learners are often blocked and constricted by their need to teach.
Our belief is that being able to teach an effective, high-impact sequence to a group of movers is merely one of the remarkable benefits you will receive through your participation. There will be plenty of other outcomes that will surprise and delight you!
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROGRAM?
Yes. Each course has a required reading list (see below) and each participant must have the following props for training and practices:
- A high quality yoga mat
- 2 yoga blocks
- A strap
- A blanket and/or bolster
200-Hr Text Requirements:
- The Anatomy Coloring Book (4th Ed.) by Wynn Kapit and Lawerence M. Elsom.
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz.
- Bhagavad Gita by Stephen Michell.
- The Heart of Yoga Developing A Personal Practice by T. K. V. Desikachar.
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self Healing: A Practical Guide by Vasant Lad.
300-Hr Text Requirements:
All books listed above PLUS...
- The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy by Cyndi Dale.
- Touch for Health: A Practical Guide to Natural Health with Acupressure Touch by John Thie and Matthew Thie.
- Marma Points of Ayurveda by Vasant Lad & Anisha Durve.
We strongly encourage you to purchase these through your local bookstores. Course faculty will reference other suggested texts & readings, yet these are optional purchases.
WHAT IS THE ATTENDANCE AND CLASS MAKE-UP POLICY?
We require that you complete all hours of either teacher training program. However, we understand that life happens and conflicts arise and we have outlined a make-up policy below. Please note that you can miss up to 15 hours of live content (the sum of one weekend) and have 90 days from the last day of your program to complete attendance requirements. If you miss more than 15 hours or do not complete your make-up hours within 90 days, you will not receive your certification and will be required to participate in a future program to obtain certification.
You have the following two options to make up your missed time.
Option 1: Watch all recorded content from your missed sessions PRIOR TO your next scheduled training weekend.
Option 2: Schedule a private session with your trainers at some point during the program. Private sessions cost $108 per hour.
1 hour private session = 1 - 3 hours of missed time
1.5 hour private session = 4-7 hours of missed time
2 hour private session = 8-11 hours of missed time
3 hour private session = 11-15 hours of missed time